Friday, September 16, 2011

Welcome to my World

The term "unblocked" was chosen for a specific reason - it's a term of art in contract bridge (which I play whenever I can) that means playing a card whose rank interferes with the use of cards in the opposite hand.

But of course "unblocked" has a lot of potential meanings -- highway traffic, problem solving, sunscreen. In the case of sunscreen, being blocked is probably a good thing (although a little bit of sun is good for you). In this blog, I'm unblocked. I may want to talk about Contract Bridge. I may want to talk about politics, movies, books - anything to do with the culture.

About me: I'm a middle-aged old maid (well, I am! Didn't plan it that way, but may as well own it) who observes (it's about all we MAOMs can do) and comments. You're welcome to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment